There is an acceptable way by God. Every way is not God’s way. In Romans 12:1-2, Paul was describing some ways that are acceptable to God
- It has to be a living sacrifice
- It has to be holy
- It has to be acceptable
There are ways that are not acceptable by the Lord. God works without your knowledge, when you walk and live in His acceptable way.
A lot of times, people do things though they are wrong but they do them because others are doing them, and this makes them miss God’s acceptable way. They forget that God’s eyes run to and fro the whole earth. Therefore, it is pertinent that one understands and know what God wants without minding what other people are doing and saying. In Psalms 19:14, the psalmist was asking God that his heart’s condition be acceptable before Him. A lot of people speak carelessly without minding what they say. Sometimes the statements people make are insulting and they care less. Even the bible says let your words be seasoned with salt.
Furthermore, people think they can bribe God with their actions, givings, achievements, or even position. But they do not understand that God is not intimidated by their wealth, actions nor any of those things; once it is not God’s way, then it will not be accepted, just like Cain’s sacrifice.
Here are some ways acceptable to God.
- Walking in the Spirit: when you walk in the spirit, you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh, rather, when you walk in the spirit, you will only manifest the fruits of the spirit (Galatians 5:19-22).
- Walking in His Delight/ Delighting in Him: Psalms 1:1-2, this entails, always thinking the right thoughts. Some people meditate on evil things, immoral thoughts etc. which are not in line with the ways of God. Delighting in God means, thinking on how to prosper the kingdom of God.
- Walking uprightly before Him: This means being right at all times before God and man. Some people try to take sides with everybody, to avoid falling out with anybody. They cannot say the truth as it is. If you want to achieve peace, be upright.
- Walking in obedience: There are people who are willing without being obedient. And some are obedient without being willing. Some people give grudgingly and others cheerfully.
- Walking in Faith: There are people who do not believe in God (Hebrew 11:6).
- Walking in appreciation: Appreciate God in everything, no matter how little what He did for you is (1 Thessalonians 5:18).
- Walking in Humility: One must be humble to have sufficient grace to carry on throughout the year. Most times, people are too arrogant. Have it in mind that humility is not a sign of weakness.
- Walking in Love: Ephesians 5:2. The lace for a Christian is walking in Love.
- Being Praiseful: Being praiseful all the time while acknowledging God’s deeds.
If you must make it in 2021, and even in life generally as a Christian, you must abide and walk in these ways.