There are certain qualities that leaders and christians should possess. These qualities will help them achieve their God given mandate and cause them to be successful. Some of such qualities are as follows:
- They know their God: These people know their God. If you don’t know God, you will not be strong ( Daniel 11:32). If your strength begins to fail you, it means you don’t know your God. If you cannot have communion with God; then you can’t pull through (Exodus 33:20). God desires to have a relationship with you. When you know your God, when situations come around you, you will surmount them. God never promised us a hitch free journey, but when you trust him totally, you will overcome. If you know your God, you will not entertain any negativity (Jeremiah 29:11).
- They do not complain nor look for crowd: They have vision. Don’t be in a hurry when you are in the presence of God. If you keep repeating the same thing all the time, you will have the same result. When you are discouraged, God cannot work with you.
- They must be courageous: God expects that they should not be afraid (Joshua 5:12). When you’re new convert, God supplies and feeds you like a baby; but when you mature as a christian , you start fending for yourself just through working in the kingdom (Matthew 6:33). When you don’t have anything doing, God cannot multiply anything.
God wants you to get back to your first love. As child of God who must move forward and upward, you must always have a time to hibernate and stay with the Lord alone.
- You must keep to your words. Don’t be too quick to talk, rather say what you mean and mean what you say.
- You must have good communication skill.
- You must not be deceived by gifts
- You must control your emotions once you are depressed, if not, you can never move forward.
- You must be a joyful person, always rejoicing in the Lord (Nehemiah 8:10b)