As a believer, you cannot make it without keeping God’s principles. There are kingdom principles that one must apply. This is why God is not moved by your emotions or feelings that aren’t backed by His principles.
Often, people disobey God yet they cry unto Him. This dual behaviour does nothing to move Him because, through your choices and actions, you’re hampering your prayers and cries unto Him. All He requires of you is your obedience (2 Chronicles 15:13).
The word of God helps you to stand in the time of hardship when everything else fails you. So stand firm in His Word and the principles He has laid out for us. (Matthew 6:33)
- God expects that you seek His kingdom first. A covenant does not justify breaking His principles; so, He watches how you handle spiritual things.
- He wants you to be humble (James 4:6, Psalms 37:4-5).
- He wants you to trust in Him.
- He wants you to delight yourself in Him.
- He wants you to do good to people.
When you love the Lord, He expects that you keep to His principles without pressure or compilation. He requires that you have good relationship with Him when you pray and not to keep fighting enemies.
- God delights in you to commune with Him, this is why you cannot do without fasting and prayer.
- God delights in your sacrifices.
When you are aware of the principles of the covenant you won’t fall into a lot of issues.