There is no time in life when one doesn’t wait for one thing or the other. Sometimes some things take a longer time to come to fulfilment while some happen in a short while. There are fights that aren’t meant to be fought in public but are meant to be done in the closet where you pray to God to over-turn things. This is done without losing hope, yet thanking God while waiting.
There is always pressure during the time of waiting, this is why the bible said in Isaiah 40:31; “they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.” This implies that they shall not wait in vain. It didn’t matter how long Sarah waited; but at the appointed time, God came through for her. The same way the man at the pool of Bethesda waited for 38years, however when Jesus came, everything became new.
There are ways to position oneself while waiting on the Lord. Below are the few steps:
- Forget your problems and focus on worshipping God.
- Dress yourself spiritually and physically. Do not let your garment be stained. There is need to forsake your water pot.
- Be truthful about yourself. Be open to God.
- Don’t move presumptuously. Be conscious about your walk with God.
- Always weigh your depth in God. Take heed to yourself and check if you are still in faith.
The art of waiting on God is a route to build one’s faith and trust in God.