Taking a decision to love God is beneficial. It is a decision that one should make because the only way to live a fulfilled life is to really love God. It is a conscious and deliberate act. Loving God is the best love one can ever have. If you love God, you would always love to stay in His presence. But once you don’t love God, staying in His presence becomes irritating to you, that you are always in a hurry to leave. If you love God, natural occurrences like rain can’t stop you from attending any service. When you love God, there are no excuses good enough to stop you from doing what you are supposed to do in the house of God. Every encounter you have becomes a stepping stone to fulfilling God’s mandate for your life. When you love God, your job can’t stand between you God; not even the circumstances of life. When you love God, nobody will drag you to use your talent and gifts to serve God. Your love for God will constrain you and make you go the extra mile in rendering service to God and humanity. When you love God, excuses become immaterial. If you understand this in life, you will not keep malice with people who try to limit you.
Some characteristics of those who love God
- They keep to God’s commandments: If one find it difficult to keep the words of Jesus, then he/she does not love God (John 14:15).
- They love the word of God. If you love God, you can’t sleep while the word of God is ongoing (Psalm 119:97, 127).
- They love others: Those who Love God must have compassion (1 john 4:16, 20-21. 1 john 3:17-18).
- They always give willingly: 1 kings 3:3. The magnitude of the love you have for God, causes you to give. The extent of love determines the extent of sacrifice.
- They always forgive without grudges. Joseph & Jesus are perfect examples.
- They serve God without looking back. If you don’t love Him, anything can affect your service.
- They promote His kingdom. Lovers of God are not logical or stingy when it comes to promoting God’s kingdom (Exodus 25:1-2).