The power of prayer for the believer cannot be overemphasized. Prayer is the communication link between Divinity and humanity. It is the relational plan from man to God. Without prayer, one cannot know the mind of Christ or what He may do at any point in time. This is the obvious reason why prayer is very important.
Psalms 91:1 says, “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the almighty”.
This means that God expects a man to seek him in prayer. It is the point of intimacy between man and God. There are so many vices that fight man and tends to move away from the focus of man from God, this is why the Psalmist provided a solution, which is to dwell in the secret place and abiding under the shadow of the almighty. For whoever is in constant communication with God via prayer cannot deviate.
Similarly, Jesus told his disciples to watch and pray, that they do not fall into temptation. Paul in his epistles also admonished that we pray without ceasing, this is because praying always saves one from committing things that are not in alignment with God.
BENEFITS OF PRAYING CONSISTENTLY
- It makes you know the mind of Christ.
- It keeps you in alignment with God.
- It saves you from falling into temptation.
- It delivers you from the snares and evil plans of the devil towards you.
- It keeps you in intimacy with God.
- It gives you the opportunity to talk to God one on one.
- It makes you spiritually alert and increases your sensitivity.
Praying consistently is very important in a believer’s walk with Christ, it keeps you at alert and immunes one against Satan’s fiery darts and arrows.