If it were not for the Lord, imagine what would have happened this year. Being grateful and giving thanks is accompanied with a giving, compassion, kindness, attention and time. Love is not just a spoken word but it is accompanied with action, if there is no action then there is no love. It is more of action. When you thank God verbally, it is also very important to show it through action. Some people feel bad when what they are expecting didn’t come to pass, forgetting that God even gave them life. Often times why God allow some things to happen to his children is because He wants to show Himself powerful, so that He would use that opportunity to deliver His own.
WHY DO WE THANK GOD?
- To express gratitude to God for everything He has done.
- To obey and please God by doing His will which says “in everything give thanks.” 1 Thessalonians 5:18.
- To tell of His wondrous works in our lives and families.
- To testify of God’s goodness and loving-kindness towards us.
- To demonstrate our confidence in God who has the final say in our lives.
- To rejoice and sing praises unto God.
- To unanimously acknowledge the fact that God has been good to us
- To strengthen our faith in God
- To strengthen our loving relationship with God.