In recent times, the world has been in economic crisis. This has resulted to so much hunger and poverty that we experience in our world today. In spite of the economic meltdown, there are people who are rising daily. Most of them run companies and firms that employ thousands of people. Some others go out of their way to carter for other people who are not even blood related to them. This is to show that there are certain principles and lifestyle that may help one live a fulfilled life irrespective of what the world may throw at them.
Proverbs 22:7 says, “The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender”.
This shows that no matter how one may be knowledgeable, if the knowledge is not converted to create wealth and yield income, such person will definitely remain a slave to the one who gives him money.
Ecclesiastes 9:15; “There was a poor but wise man in that town whose wisdom saved the town, but he was promptly forgotten. (He was only a poor man, after all.)”. TMB.
Nobody wants to relate to a poor man. Here are a few steps to creating wealth even as a godly person:
- Believe in yourself: Every man on earth has a God-given ability, talent and untapped potentials inside him or her. It is the duty of such person to discover it and be confident and develop it to a point that it starts yielding income.
- Find a Job: It is necessary that one finds a job which at the end of the day gets a pay. Job 7:2, “As a servant earnestly desireth the shadow, and as hireling looketh for the reward of his work”.
- Invest in yourself: There are abilities in everyone that needs to be developed. Developing these may require external resources of picking up some materials and classes.
- Other sources of Income: You may have other channels that could yield income for you without interfering with your job.
- Be Debt Free: Proverbs 22:7, “The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender”. Anyone who goes about borrowing and owing people usually do not make out anything out of their life, because they keep borrowing and stay in perpetual poverty. Often times they borrow Peter to pay Paul and the circle continues.
- Cut down on your expenses and save more: Many people buy things that are unnecessary. Others buy things that are quite exorbitant when they know they are not making enough money that covers their expenses. Such person would remain broke and in abject poverty. There’s need to buy things only when they are necessary. A wise man saves for the rainy day. Proverb 30:25, The ants are not strong, yet they prepare their meat in summer.
- Invest wisely: All the money one makes is not for spending. If one would grow financially and be wealthy, then there is need for investment. Investing in good businesses will yield more income for an individual. For one to do this, he/she may require a business adviser/ a counselor to analyze and know which business to invest in.
Three ways of maintaining wealth
- Watch your Habits: Most people, once they make money, they form the habit of drinking and womanizing or following men or they start living extravagantly.
- Be careful in making decisions: Quite a number of persons, once they become wealthy, they start making rash decisions. Some will no longer involve their spouse in taking major decisions as it relates to spending money.
- Continuous Improvement: There is a need to be on the edge. Redundancy affects growth.