2 Timothy 3:1-2
But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.
People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy
Without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good,
Treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
In these times and seasons, there is a strong call from the things happening now, that one ought to get ready for rapture, so that it will not take anyone by surprise and unprepared. This is the reason why Paul was telling Timothy to take note of the things happening, because in the last days, times will be hard, even the elect will almost give up. He told him to take note of the things in the above scripture:
- Lovers of Themselves: This means that people will be selfish. Not wanting to share anything with anybody and not being considerate and accommodating, all they think about is things that concerns them and their family, business and how to make profit out of it, even when it will hurt the other party.
- Lovers of Money: This means that people will love money more than God’s commands, and as a result of this, they may dabble into any kind of business, be it money laundering, cheating or drug trafficking, without minding whether it is legitimate business or not, all in a bid to make more money.
- Boastful: All of people boast with their wealth, connections, business, children, cars, houses etc. just about anything they have acquired in their lives. Thinking it is by their strength and power not knowing that it is God who makes all things beautiful in his time.
- Proud: They are proud people. They do not take corrections. They are puffed up in their thinking. They have no regard for authority. They lack humility.
- Abusive: In the last days people shall be abusive. Verbal, child, drug, and violence. Even now it is evident. The rise of this is so visible in our society and shows that we are in the very last days and one should take it into cognizance.
- Disobedient to Parents: In this very last days, children are disobedient to Parents, both biological, spiritual, foster parents etc. They find it difficult to take and abide by instructions.
- Ungrateful: Many are ungrateful. They find it difficult to say thank you when something is done to them or for them. Some even go a long way to question why they should say sorry for even the smallest things done to them or for them.
- Unholy: Some engage in filthy things that do not give glory to God. Things which are ungodly forgetting that without holiness, no eyes shall see the Lord. They lack regard for sacred things.
- Without self-control: Many lack self-control. That’s why they eat anything anywhere. Some leave their emotions to override them. That’s why a gentleman even with all his clean dressing still fights on the road. This is because he had not tamed his emotions. They also lack control in guiding their mouth and what they say.
- Lovers of Pleasure than lovers of God: They have no sacredness for the things of God. They dress the way they want to church. They love the things that have no eternal values. Some look for human recognition and notice to fan their ego and pride. However, it is better for God to recognize you more than the recognition of men.
The days are evil, unless one has channeled her heart deeply towards God, she may lose her crown. God is looking for people whose heart are perfect, only such can make heaven. If one truly understands the hour we are into, he/she should value and obey the principles of God. It is what you are met doing at the point of His coming that counts.