The “Present Circumstance” is the situation on the ground globally; The pandemic as a result of COVID-19. This has lasted more than we envisaged to the extent that it has really brought the fear of the unknown into the lives of people. Nobody knew that a thing like this will happen and suddenly every activity and social gathering came to a halt. People are really confused and tired of staying at home. However, the question now is, when is it going to end? What will be the fate of people? What will be the fate of the economy?
There are fear and confusion, due to the lockdown, people have finished eating their estimated portions and are currently relying on their reserve but when this reserve finishes, what will then happen ?? The worst of it is that people are looking for Help and unfortunately, those they are looking up to for Help are looking for who will help them too. Everybody is in a state of devastation seeking for a solution. Many people are worried and some have gone into psychological trauma while some are already nursing the idea of committing suicide.
However, the good news is that What is Impossible with Man is possible with God. If only we will realize and accept the fact that man is limited in what man can do. This is not the time to complain, blame anybody, regret, fight, quarrel, but the time to do the right thing and look for a way out by asking God for help.
But then while we wait for a permanent solution, the question is what do we do? There is a WAY OUT! And the way out is the fact that there is God. This thing started one day and it will end one day. It’s only God that does not have a beginning and an end.
There are things we should also do
- 2nd Chronicles 7: 13-14. We should humble ourselves and Pray, seek God’s face, turn from all wicked ways. Then will God hear from heaven, forgive our sins and heal our land.
- Avoid Fear
A prayer with fear is called Panic prayer. You can’t concentrate because you are praying out of worry or fear.
How to avoid fear
- Mind what you see
- Mind what you hear or listen to
Eg. Social media is doing more harm than good. Be careful. Isaiah 41:10 says “Fear thou not…”
- Have Faith in God
Instead of being Afraid, why not have faith in God.
- Remain in God’s Presence.
Reduce your visitation to social media. Whenever you hear anything, go to God first instead of discussing and spreading it. Instead of spreading the negative news why not spread the good news. Let people know that there is hope in God.
Psalm 91:1 “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty”. Dwell in God’s Presence.
- Use your time wisely.
Here are the few suggestions of things you can do with your time this period,
This is the time to
- Study God’s Word. Pick a book in the Bible and study
- Pray More. Train yourself to pray for 1 HR, 2 hrs, 3 hrs as the case may be. You have the time now
- Read Christian literatures
- Acquire Knowledge
- Develop your computer skills
- Learn how to cook and learn how to manage ingredients. Use your creativity to make out different dishes, not the ones you know how to cook before.
- Learn how to bake
- look into your room, unpack and repack your belongings. Arrange your kitchen, wash your car, do some exercises, sing praises to God, don’t just sit down at home doing nothing, keep yourself busy.
- Avoid the worry of Uncertainty.
So many people are worried about what their fate will be when this whole thing ends. Future worries do not help, so relax and be rest assured that when you get to the bridge you will know how to cross it. Cast down every imagination that comes up and cast your cares upon God. (1st Peter 5:8). Rest in God, be assured, keep praying, draw closer, draw nearer and do not go far. Just Believe and hold on to the word of God.
Finally, if you have not ushered God into your life, this is the time to do so. Allow Jesus to come into your life and be your Lord and Master. And he will direct your paths.