Many people approach God’s work with the mindset that their good actions will lead to something in return. Essentially, they add a condition to working with God, “Bless me because I do this for you”.
Some even tell God that they will only praise and worship Him after He does what they want. But God isn’t like that. The book of Hebrews 11:6 says He that comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a “rewarder” of those that diligently seek Him. You don’t come to God with the mindset of receiving anything, and anytime you put a condition to serving God, you already lose your reward.
HOW TO APPRECIATE GOD:
- Rendering service unto God does not require that He must do something for you (2 Kings 4:8): People demand too much from God and do little or no service to Him. We need to serve God without having anything in mind or giving Him conditions. Sometimes, one needs to prove his or her faithfulness for long before God would reach out to him or her.
- Obeying His word and instructions (1 Samuel 15:22): Most times, many people are not obedient, but if you want to make it, you must obey God. The truth is that one’s miracle is in their obedience to God’s instructions. However, what God tells us to do, is usually foolish and unthinkable in the sight of men. Nevertheless, if you must obey God, you must look and be foolish in the sight of men.
- Trusting and having faith in Him. (Proverbs 3:5-6. Psalms 37:4): When you appreciate God and delight in the Lord, He gives you the desires of your heart. Once you trust God, He grants you your desires. Hebrews 11:6 notes that “Without faith, you can’t please God. Therefore, to appreciate God, you must have faith in Him. When you doubt God, you doubt the supreme deity of the universe and if you can’t trust Him to help you, there is no need praying to Him to help you. God wants you to trust him with all your heart.
- Listening to people telling you that you’re already giving a lot deprives you of doing what’s in your heart for God.
- Winning souls/ Evangelism is another way of appreciating God. This is because God has a need to reach out to the world and He can’t do that without human vessels.
- Living and maintaining a righteous life.
- Have the fear of God in you.
- You must love God with all your heart and soul; and anyone you truly love, you won’t hurt. (Matthew 22:36-37).